- The tournament deadline is January 31, 2013. We will confirm your team’s acceptance into the tournament via email 7-10 days after that date. Once your team has been accepted into the tournament your payment will be processed. There will be no refund of the entry fee to any team that withdraws from the tournament once they have been confirmed. If your team is not accepted into the tournament, we will place your team on a waiting list.
What happens if my team is placed on a waiting list?
- Your team may be placed on a waiting list for several reasons: we do not have enough teams in your team’s age group and caliber to form a group, or there may be too many teams in your age group and caliber at which time we will accept teams based on the date we received their tournament application. Every effort will be made to accommodate as many teams as possible, but we are limited to the number of fields of play.
- If your team is placed on a waiting list, you may be invited to participate if another team withdraws from the tournament. We will only add teams if they match the age group, gender and caliber for the team that has withdrawn. For example, if you are a community team on the waiting list and a tier 2 team withdraws, we will not have your team fill the spot in that group.
- If there is an opening in your team’s category/division our office will contact your team.
What is the ASA?
- The ASA is your provincial team player registration form that lists all the players registered on your team with their birth dates and player number. You may need to contact your soccer organization for a copy of your ASA. Every player that participates in the tournament must be registered on a provincial roster, this includes all guest players, and you must also provide the guest players ASA from the team they are registered with. If your team is from outside of Alberta, then your travel permit will suffice.
- ASA’s, tournament roster and guest player letters must be received to our office one week prior to the tournament.
What is a tournament roster?
- The tournament roster can be filled out on our website and is the list of players that will play for your team during the tournament. Be sure to check the tournament rules to confirm the correct number of players allowed for your age group and the rules and regulations for using guest players.
- If your team needs to make last minute changes to their tournament roster (for injuries or illness), you will need to provide updated ASA and rosters to tournament headquarters at least 1 hour before your first tournament game.
What are the rules and guidelines for guest players?
- Each team is allowed to have a maximum of four guest players on their roster for the tournament, not to exceed the amount of players allowed. Guest players must be from an equal or lower age group or division and must be registered to a team in the same local organization for the 2012/2013 season.
- You will need to provide the ASA roster for the guest player as well as a letter of consent from the guest player’s current coach. These must be submitted to our office at least one week prior to the start of the tournament. If we do not have the proper paperwork, then players will be ineligible to play in the tournament, and any team that use ineligible players will forfeit their games.
Which Soccer Centres will my team play in for the tournament?
- The Slush Cup Tournament uses the following facilities during the tournament:
- ESC West – 17415 – 106A Ave.
- ESC East – 12720 Victoria Trail
- ESC South – 6520 Roper Road
- Tri Leisure Centre – 221 Jennifer Heil Way, Spruce Grove
- Servus Credit Union Place – 200 Campbell Rd, St. Albert
- Dow Centennial Centre – 8700 – 84 St., Fort Saskatchewan
- Millennium Place – 2000 Premier Way, Sherwood Park
- Leduc Recreation Centre – 4330 Black Gold Dr., Leduc
- We cannot guarantee that one age group/gender will be playing all their games in the same center; you should expect to have games in multiple centers.
The tournament starts on Thursday, if my team is from out of town should I expect to play on Thursday and Friday?
- If your team is from outside of Edmonton you will not be scheduled for a game on Thursday night unless you request to play that night.
- It is expected that teams be prepared to play on Friday evening. If you are from out of town your team will be scheduled for a later evening game where possible.
- Please note that some groups may finish play on Saturday evening.
Where do I pick up the coach information packet? What is included in the coach packets.
- Coaches packets will be ready for pick up Friday March 1, 2013 starting at 5:00 pm. You will be able to pick up your packet and check in your team for the tournament at the three Edmonton Soccer Centres, West – 17415 – 106A Ave, South – 6520 Roper Road, or East 12720 Victoria Trail. We ask that all packets be picked up and teams checked in before Saturday March 2, 2013 at 12:00 pm.
- When checking in your team, we will require each team to give a cell phone number and team contact for the duration of the tournament.
- Teams please arrange for 1 coach or team designate to pick up the coach packet and check in the team for the tournament.
- All receipts will be emailed to the email address listed for your team, they will be sent the week after the tournament.
Where do I hand in the game sheets? Where do I go to find tournament stats?
- Prior to the start of the game you will need to give your team’s game sheet to the referee. After the game, the game sheet will be picked up by volunteers.
- You will need to provide 1 game sheet for every game you play in the tournament. (extra game sheets will be available at the headquarters located at each center)
- Tournament stats will be updated at http://itournaments.net/ during the tournament.